from our family to yours
Thirty years ago, Anthony and Kathryn Trentacosti founded Cater to You with a shared belief to provide the best food possible for schoolchildren, based on the same philosophy they would choose when cooking for their own two young children at the time. They believed then and now that the best meals are prepared with fresh, seasonal ingredients from local producers and growers. Since then, the Cater to You family of schools has grown along with our commitment to providing your children with the healthiest, tastiest food possible.
Cater to You Food Service is the leading on-premise food service provider for independent schools in the NYC metro area. Students enjoy the most delicious meals prepared from scratch with premium ingredients, served by our highly trained and personable staff.
we love food
Most of all, we love food that is good for you: simple, tasty and appetizing foods prepared from scratch with fresh, sustainably sourced and better-for-you ingredients,providing balanced nourishment for your body and soul.
thinking ahead and making the right decisions
Cater to You has always made decisions in the benefit of the health of the children we feed. We do not follow trends or industry movements, it is part of our company philosophy to care and choose the best practices and products.
We are feeding growing children, why would we not make these decisions?
We put a lot of effort in the procurement of the products we use. We never sacrifice flavor over cost and all our schools use the same products.
We regularly visit our vendors and manufacturers to ensure the quality and proper handling of our products.
Our standard for Premium Quality Products means:
- No Antibiotics Ever (NAE) and 100% vegetarian feed for the animal proteins we use for our daily entrées
- No growth hormones (rBST), pesticides and insecticides in the milk we use
- Eggs from pasture raised hens - no antibiotics, no growth hormones, GMO free feed, hens can freely roam outside
- Fish is selected based on Monterey Bay Aquarium® Seafood Watch® recommendations
- Humane treatment of animals
- Produce is purchased seasonal and local first before we venture out
- Our snacks are organic or made from natural products without high fructose corn syrup and other additives
- Chloe’s Soft Serve Fruit bars for dessert – only made out of 3 ingredients – Water, fruit and a little organic cane sugar
- We prefer to limit ketchup usage, but when we do serve it, it is Simply Heinz without high fructose corn syrup
- Our Smuckers Natural® fruit spreads do not contain high fructose corn syrup
- Bread and bakery items are daily delivered fresh from one of the different local bakeries
- Teas for our flavored waters are from Two Leaves Tea and all organic, fairly traded and caffeine free.